A human-centred tone of voice for customer-facing teams
How you customer care heroes sound (in what they say, and how they say it) has a huge impact on how customers react to you. And it applies to every customer-facing department. Customers need to hear the same tone from everyone – whether on your website, in social media or from your customer services team.
Tone of voice training for service teams – help them sound like the ace human beings they are. This is a hands on, collaborative course to help service teams define and start using a human tone of voice in the way they communicate.
Help teams use a tone of voice that’s clear, customer-centric and human
Our tone of voice course is designed for customer-facing teams looking at ways to improve their tone of voice. It takes them through a clear, simple process to understand, refine and use a more human tone of voice – one that transforms how your business communicates with customers.
Run by professionals who have developed tone of voice for multinational businesses, charities and Government regulators, this tone of voice workshop makes sure you find the right tone of voice.
Moving away from vague adjectives it focuses more on practical tools and approaches that help your teams change the way they sound to customers.
- Depending on level of depth needed, we’ve run this course in half-day, full day or 2 day sessions.
- We’ve delivered this course at client offices and offsite.
- Course material is always included for you to take away and use practically and share with your teams.
What we cover
Developing a tone of voice that transforms the way you sound
This is a hands-on course that gives participants a clear understanding of why tone of voice matters (written and verbally), how to change and use it effectively to to improve relationships with customers.
We use a series of practical exercises to discover the problems with your existing tone of voice (it may be simply that you’ve never quantified it), find the most appropriate new tone of voice for you and show you how to get everyone using it.
A selection of areas from our Tone of Voice course and workshop:
Because the delegates on every course want different things from it, we keep the content as flexible as possible. Some of the areas we’ll include:
What tone of voice is:
- Why tone of voice matters
- Why it’s everyone in the organisation’s responsibility
- Written and spoken tone of voice
- The extremes of tone to avoid
- Being consistent
Finding your tone of voice:
- What’s the personality of your tone of voice?
- What does your organisation sound like now?
- What makes you sound the way you do?
- How does that differ from reality
Using your tone of voice:
- Practically, what does your new tone sound like?
- How do you use your tone in every department in the business
- Overcoming resistance to your new tone
- How to help people understand and use the new tone
Reflect a more human face to your business
- A clear understanding of what tone of voice is and its importance in customer behaviour and reactions
- Understanding of the problems with your current tone of voice
- An outline of a new tone of voice for your organisation
- Implementable, practical ways to get your new tone off the ground
- Ways to overcome resistance to the new tone
- Ways to integrate your new tone into the business
Who would benefit
Helping define what you say and how you say it
This course is relevant for anyone exploring how to improve the way their customer-facing teams communicate with customers – and help developing or using tone of voice in their organisation.
It works particularly well for fast-growing businesses, third sector organisations, social enterprises, regulators and local & national government departments.
Our approach to tone of voice training
Tone of voice training that’s practical and customer-centric
Let us know if you’d like us to run a dedicated course for you. We can either take our existing course and modify it slightly to fit your business or build a completely new course on the same subject that fits your specific needs.
Think we can help?
If it sounds like we could help, drop us a note to arrange a catch up.